Four years professional writing experience, including technical, grant, news, and feature writing.
Eight years professional administrative experience, including support to executives and finance.
Three years project management experience, including budgeting and process improvement.
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, with a 3.75 GPA.
Cherry Bekaert, LLC. Augusta, Ga.
Audit Administrative Assistant/Technical Editor, 2014-Present
- Support Audit Partner and Audit staff.
- Support Audit Deliverables Group in editing, formatting, and proofreading audit deliverables, firm-wide, using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Prepare error-free reports, memos, and letters using Microsoft Office, ProStaff Enterprise, GoFileRoom, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Prepare proposals using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proofread proposals and audit reports.
- Maintain electronic client files using utilizing ProSystem fx Engagement software and GoFileRoom.
- Print and bind files and reports that are issued to clients, using an Akiles WireMac-E binding system.
Metro Spirit, Augusta, Ga.
Arts Writer, 2012-2014
Freelance Writer, 2008-2009
- Write feature stories on personalities, events, arts, and entertainment using Microsoft Office.
- Interview local and national artists for stories and profiles.
- Preview and review events, performances and other entertainment of local and national significance.
- Edit stories for factual information and grammatical precision from on-staff and freelance writers using Microsoft Office.
C4 Planning Solutions, Blythe, Ga.
Technical Writing Intern, January-May 2013
- Wrote, edited, and reviewed proposals for the capture management team using Microsoft Office, with the goal of increasing prospect of winning contracts.
- Edited marketing materials, including brochures, business proposals, digital communications, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Wrote and edited compliance communications for Human Resources; authored EEO/Affirmative Action Compliance document.
Social Crisis Films, Augusta, Ga.
Grant Writing Intern, May-August 2011
- Assisted head grant writer in identifying for post-production funds.
- Researched public and private grant agencies and foundation to identify sources of funding.
- Managed social media presence and developed concepts with viral potential.
- Assisted with editing, annotating, and indexing video interview footage using Microsoft Office.
MAU, Beech Island, S.C.
Administrative Assistant, 2006-2012
- Assisted the Kimberly Clark on-site MAU office in payroll processing using Microsoft Office and Intrastaff.
- Monitored attendance compliance policy implementation, and documented and redirected noncompliant employees; made recommendations to executive staff regarding employee terminations.
- Assisted five departments, including Human Resources for Kimberly-Clark, with scheduling, supply chain management and work flow optimization using Microsoft Office and SAP business management software.
- Assisted with recruiting, including outreach, managing new employee orientation, and providing on-boarding support, using Microsoft Office and SAP business management software.
- During $300 million Kimberly Clark plant expansion, served on the Groundbreaking Ceremony Committee and Services Area Project; designed, selected, and distributed executive memorabilia.
- Managed document system for plant expansion, including technical documents, drawings, and electronic files, using SAP business management software, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office.
- Coordinated travel arrangements and meetings.
- Managed supplies, work orders, and mail distribution using SAP business management software.
- Prepared agenda, minutes, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations for meetings using Microsoft Office.
Georgia Technology Authority, Augusta, Ga.
Administrative Coordinator, 2005-2006
- Prepared reports for analysis and compilation using Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft.
- Organized, hosted, recorded and annotated conference calls using proprietary LAN and VOIP systems.
Cingular Wireless, Atlanta, Ga.
Production Coordinator, 2001-2004
- Single-handedly managed Proposal and Response Center (PARC) deliverables for a team of 12 team members, using Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Roxio.
- Supported Business-to-Business Sales department with channel production requests for customized marketing pieces; liaised between team members and graphics department.
- Successfully managed an average of 40 proposal projects per month from beginning to end, including research, work flow, production, and submission, using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Implemented new communication processes that improved work flow and efficiency between Production and Proposal Development Managers; decreased project start time by 24 hours per project.
- Awarded “Best Team Player” four times in two years for exceeding expectations to deliver projects on time.
Georgia Regents University, May 2013
Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Professional Writing
ACTIVITES AND ORGANIZATIONS
Inductee, Lambda Pi Eta Communications Honors Society, 2011-2013
Inductee, Sigma Tau Delta International English Honors Society, 2012-2013
President, Creative Writing Club, 2012-2013